Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

February 10, 2010 10:00 PM

Still outside the Starbucks in Schertz TX a good 12 hours from home, trailer damaged, house burned down, after 48 hours on the road travelling more than 1200 miles, I pulled out my trusty tool box that had a much larger part to play in this drama that was unfolding. After a good 30 minutes of trying to bend the fender frame out away from the trailer tire to no avail, it became clear that we would have to disassemble the fender to get back under way. This was easy enough to do until we saw that the fender lights were hardwired into the light assembly and we would either have to cut the cable, thus further damaging this rented trailer, or Patt came up with the solution of justdetaching it as much as we could and throwing into the passenger seat of Aaron's car (satan) and then closing the door. This done we were back on the road. With still a long way to go and our heading into a forecasted snow storm around Dallas, we were under way once again. During this portion of our trip we discussed possible causes for the fire. Patt said, well I recently started praying again.

"What did you go and do that for" says I.

"Well I told God that when I start praying things start happening in our lives. So I told Him that He would just have to show us something."

"What did you go and do that for?" Says I.

"Maybe it was the heat lamp on the carport...", says she.

"No, I unplugged it.", says I.

"I plugged it back in" says she.

"Oh." says I.

"There's no way it could have fallen against the house. I had set your red tool box on the cable so it wouldn't slip off the table" says she.

"You mean the red tool box I put in the back of the truck before we left, in case we needed it for something like disassembling the fender off a rented Uhaul car dolly?"

"Oh", say she.


We finally stopped for the night in Waco TX at a hotel just off the campus of Baylor University. Surprisingly we slept very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment