Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

High

I feel okay. Like a lonely drifter, slogging through a rainsoaked night, covered only in a threadbare coat, cresting the hill, mud upon his shoes, rain has just stopped its pelting beat upon sand, and rock, and leaf, Lo the sun awakens, or he has awakened it by walking towards it, and its deep red emergence slowly turns to orange and then yellow warmth, and he becomes dry and new hope infuses the spaces between his eyes, tumbles down his throat, and warms his extremities.

But what saith the scriptures?

For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. Psalm 30:5



Oh for a morning, waking me, expectantly, excited to face the challenges of the day! Sprining from bed, I would, I know I would, conquer the world on such a morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment