Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Wisdom from Carlos Mencia



From what I remember of  Mencia's standup routing describing an interview he participated in for inclusion in a political discussion roundtable concerning immigration reform.

Interviewer: So, what is your angle?

Mencia: Upright

Interviewer: I mean, where are you coming from?

Mencia: My home. Why don't you just be man enough to ask me the question you want to ask me?

Interviewer: Ok, are a Republican or a Democrat?

Mencia: Neither

Interviewer: What do you mean?

Mencia: Well, I consider myself reasonably intelligent and I don't like being half right all the time.

Interviewer: Okay, Are you conservative or liberal?

Mencia: Yes.

Interviewer: What do you mean by that?

Mencia: I have a teen age daughter. When it comes to her I am very conservative - Bible believing, bible belt buckle, thou shalt not, fire and brimstone, truth, good vs evil all the way.
But with your daughter - I am liberal.

Mencia was not asked to be on the panel to discuss immigration reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment