Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Top 10 Songs

I was recently asked to list my top 10 songs. I couldn't do it. If I could, perhaps, have 10 categories wherein to place 10 songs I would come closer to completing the task. But, encouraged by the askers, "If you had only 10 songs you could put on an MP3 player and you could never add anymore, which 10 songs would you choose. Well, here goes in no particular order:


Bron-Y-Aur Stomp by Led Zeppelin is a folksy, acoustical piece that Robert Plant wrote to his dog.








Voodoo Chile (Stevie Ray Vaughn Version)










Hush by Deep Purple. When I was in the military they used to truncate my last name to Hutch. So whenever this song came on the radio in our shop every one would sing..."Hutch, Hutch, I thought I heard her calling my name now, Hutch, Hutch"











No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature by the Guess Who.









Respect by Aretha Franklin- I was once caught dancing to this in a grocery store aisle as it played over their speaker system. Can't help but to wiggle a little when it cranks up.








At Last by Etta James









White Room by Cream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkae0-TgrRU









The Core by Eric Clapton (Rita Mae, and others too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP6xPNVB6XY










On The Turning Away by Pink Floyd. This song played a big part in my becoming a Christian. It's true!




 



Unchain My Heart by Joe Cocker





No comments:

Post a Comment